The taller dresser of the two was just full of nick nacks, junk, and some old clothes that I hadn't worn in years. Basically, it was a waste of space. So I cleaned out my dresser and passed it on to my little sister who has enough clothes for a new outfit each day.
While I was rummaging through the office furniture, I came across an old, brown desk. It was pretty beat up and was made of that "fake wood." It wasn't the nicest looking piece. But that was all about to change!
Unfortunately, I do not have a before picture (beating myself up for it as we speak!) but hopefully you can see from the after picture that it looked a lot better than it did before.
Here's how I did it:
1. I started off by painting the desk black. It helped to disguise the scratches and some of the rough patches and made it look sleeker than the brown.
2. Next, I picked out scrapbook paper that I really liked and started cutting it to fit against the cabinets and backdrop of the desk.
3. Then you just start applying the mod podge on the desk and placing the scrapbook paper on top! I would recommend putting the top coat of mod podge over the scrapbook paper as you go. This way the paper won't be going anywhere and you have it nice and sealed in :)
4. Wait for it to dry! (Which is fairly quickly.)
5. And there ya have it, a brand new, stylish desk!